Flipboard, in their collaboration with OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network and Oprah.com, has just announced the official “Oprah” section. For those who aren’t too familiar, Flipboard is also known to be the first social magazine on the iPad in the world, and this marks the first time Flipboard will create a branded section for a partner on their front page. Not only does each new download of Flipboard be accompanied by recommended content such as Facebook and Twitter, you will now get some Oprah into the mix as well, checking out exclusives from Oprah properties in addition to the launch of her personal Farewell Countdown Videos.
This places Oprah in a unique position to further consolidate her fan base, and who knows, win over new fans in the process? No idea on whether the prime time TV queen will spend more time with her favorite tech now that such an interactive magazine has been released though – perhaps she can hire someone to do the job? We’ve heard of ghost writers, but do you think there will be ghost Twitterers in the future?
Next Story: HEX Sport Watch Band plays nice with Nike+
- 2014-04-04 Flipboard For Windows Phone Spotted At BUILD
- 2014-01-14 Facebook Paper Rumored To Be The Company's Answer To Flipboard
- 2013-11-11 Flipboard Introduces Shoppable Magazines Called Catalogs
- 2013-09-04 Flipboard For BlackBerry To Be Released 'Soon'
- 2013-08-14 Flipboard iOS Update Brings GIF Support