GetJar, one of the largest app stores for mobile apps available today has just announced that its mobile site is now integrated with Facebook. Leveraging on the social network’s millions of users, this makes GetJar the world’s first app store to take advantage of Facebook. According to GetJar’s research, users are more likely download apps recommended by friends than by GetJar themselves, so this whole move to the social network makes a lot of sense.
Through Facebook Connect, GetJar users can share their download activity and comments through wall posts and news feeds – thus informing their friends of apps they’ve been checking out. Users can also “like” or “dislike” apps to recommend apps to their friends. Definitely a useful feature when it comes to trying out things like video calling apps – it helps if you have people that you can call on your contact list. Just head over to GetJar on your mobile phone to start using its Facebook integration.
Next Story: The Best of Mobile Music - @LifeScoop
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-04-10: FTC Clears Facebook/WhatsApp Deal, Must Honor Privacy Obligations
- 2014-04-09: Facebook To Remove In-App Messaging, Forces Users To Download Messenger App
- 2014-04-08: Facebook On iPhone Could Be Responsible For Huge Battery Drain
- 2014-03-30: Facebook Messenger iOS Update Brings Groups, Forwarding And More
- 2014-03-25: Facebook Announces 1 Billion Monthly Active Mobile Users
- 2011-04-01: Facebook to improve mobile phone user experience