GetJar, one of the largest app stores for mobile apps available today has just announced that its mobile site is now integrated with Facebook. Leveraging on the social network’s millions of users, this makes GetJar the world’s first app store to take advantage of Facebook. According to GetJar’s research, users are more likely download apps recommended by friends than by GetJar themselves, so this whole move to the social network makes a lot of sense.
Through Facebook Connect, GetJar users can share their download activity and comments through wall posts and news feeds – thus informing their friends of apps they’ve been checking out. Users can also “like” or “dislike” apps to recommend apps to their friends. Definitely a useful feature when it comes to trying out things like video calling apps – it helps if you have people that you can call on your contact list. Just head over to GetJar on your mobile phone to start using its Facebook integration.
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- Twitter Quietly Removes Option To Direct Messaging Anyone
- 'Selfie' Becomes The Word Of The Year For 2013
- Digg iOS App Updated With Digg Video Support
- Facebook For Android Updated With TV Show Reminders
- Follow: apps, Facebook, integration, mobile, store,