Since Groupon didn’t want to sell out to Google a few months ago, it looks like they’ll have a new competitor on the block. The company that tried to buy them, Google, has officially stepped into the deal-of-the-day website business with their own offering. Called Google Offers, it will function in the same way as the other deal services – pushing out daily alerts to subscribers, letting them know about any offers or discounts that are available in places around their area.
Google Offers is promising “50% off or more” than the regular price at “places you’ll love.” At the moment the service is only available in Portland, Oregon with more locations to be included in the future. If you’re living in Portland and don’t mind the occasional discount or freebie filling up your inbox, you can head over to the Google Offers website to sign up now, or if you’re in another area, sign up and you’ll be alerted when Google Offers is available in your area.
- 2013-09-10: Groupon India's Website Crashed After Onion Deal Is Too Good To Pass Up
- 2013-04-10: HTC One Discounted On Sprint To $99 For New Customers
- 2011-12-23: iPad 3 to be launched on Steve Jobs' birthday?
- 2011-09-27: iPhone 5 to be launched 14th October in US, UK, France, Germany and Japan? (updated)
- 2011-09-19: Google Wallet to launch later today?
- 2011-08-16: Netflix "Just for Kids" officially launched
- 2011-08-15: TabCo tablet unveiled as the Fusion Garage Grid10
- 2011-03-14: Facebook to offer Groupon-style deals to its users
- 2011-03-14: Green Box Top: Groupon for the environmentalists
- 2011-01-21: Google to launch discount service called Google offers