Just like the T-Mobile G2x (also known as the Optimus 2X) which will be receiving the latest Google Android 2.3 Gingerbread update, the tablet front will see the HTC Flyer receiving its Android 3.0 Honeycomb update shortly after hitting the market – and by that, we mean the May 9th launch.
According to HTC’s tweet that happened a couple of days ago, they mentioned that “In case you weren’t aware, we will be updating Flyer to Honeycomb shortly after launch.”
This is rather soon, and is always more than welcome amongst users of the anticipated tablet. No idea on just how many people will adopt the device as part of their tablet collection, but from what we’ve seen so far, this is one pocket-sized tablet device that is friendly to the palm of your hands, although those who are used to a 10″ display might think otherwise and wish that it came with a larger display size. Of course, there is also the other matter about lowering the recommended retail price to make it more pocket friendly to those of us living in economically depressed times…
Next Story: R Battery concept resurrects old batteries
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2011-12-05: HTC Flyer gets Honeycomb
- 2011-04-07: HTC Evo View 4G not to come with Android 3.0 Honeycomb after all?
- 2011-04-05: HTC Evo View 4G to ship with Honeycomb right out of the box
- 2011-03-16: Upcoming HP, Dell, HTC, Acer and Toshiba tablets prices and dates leaked
- 2011-03-07: HTC HD2 gets Honeycomb