It was bound to happen. BGR has photos of what is believed to be an prototype iPhone 4 (and white too!) running on T-Mobile USA’s 3G network. This isn’t an unlocked iPhone 4 job. Nope, if it wasn’t a bona-fide iPhone with the proper T-Mobile USA’s antennas, that little 3G would only display E for EDGE speed.
As BGR states, it is a bit late for Apple to be releasing an iPhone 4 on T-Mobile USA. It’s more likely that Apple is testing hardware to prepare for AT&T’s buyout of T-Mobile. If the merger does go through successfully without any issues, then dropping an iPhone that supports both AT&T and T-Mobile’s 3G would be very important.
Of course, Apple is always testing new stuff. It’d be foolish of them to ignore entire wireless networks. Even before the iPhone 4 landed on Verizon, it was discovered that Apple had been working with CDMA frequencies to test a possible CDMA iPhone. In the long run, an iPhone for every network in the U.S. is what Apple is shooting for.
While an iPhone 4 might not be coming out on T-Mobile USA just yet, it is a good sign of things to come. Perhaps they might get the iPhone 4S/5.RELATED
- Alleged Prototype Official iPhone 5s Case Resembles The iPhone 5c
- German Retailer Accepting Mac Pro Pre-Orders Set For 16th December Release
- iPads Still Popular Amongst Enterprise Users
- Apple Giving Away 8 Free Songs From Its Holiday Cheer Playlist
- Study Finds iPhone Most Expensive In Jordan And India
- Follow: 3g, iPhone, t-mobile,
- Seen at: bgr