One of the main problems about free VoIP or phone call solutions nowadays is that it requires both parties to have the same app in order to work. Well the folks at Jajah have come up with an interesting solution to the problem. Since most of the internet-connected world is on Facebook anyway, why not make use of it?
Called Jajah, this free app will allow users to call anyone on their Facebook contact list for the price of a local call. All users have to do is run the app, connect it with their Facebook app, select a name from the list and make a call to that person. The receiving end will get a link from Facebook telling them to access the Jajah website to answer a phone call – and that’s it.
They won’t have to download any app or sign up for anything – they just have to be a Facebook user. Calls are set up through the internet but make use of a regular phone connection (it will use up your minutes) so you are promised excellent sound quality – just like a regular phone call. Jajah is currently available on the App Store and Android Market now.RELATED
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- Twitter Quietly Removes Option To Direct Messaging Anyone
- 'Selfie' Becomes The Word Of The Year For 2013
- Digg iOS App Updated With Digg Video Support
- Facebook For Android Updated With TV Show Reminders
- Follow: Android, app, calls, Facebook, iOS, phone,