The folks over at The Next Web managed to get their hands on a whole bunch of leaked Lenovo slides over the weekend, and they’ve discovered yet another Android tablet from the Chinese computer manufacturer. In addition to the 10.1″ Think Slate, they discovered an unnamed 7″ Android tablet. There aren’t many details revealed, but from the slides we know that it is slated to arrive in Q4 2011. The tablet will pack a dual-core ARM processor, a 7″ (1280 x 800) LCD touchscreen, and will come with Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) and Le OS (which we assume will be Lenovo’s own skin/UI over the Android OS).
No word on pricing, but it’ll be available worldwide, which means this consumer tablet should make its way to our shores. It looks like Lenovo is pretty serious about joining the tablet wars with a number of devices all lined up for this year. Does the market need another Android tablet? Not really. But choices never hurt anybody. And we’ve yet to encounter an Android tablet that really screams out at the consumer “I am a must-have device!” Well, there’s still plenty of time before 2011 is over, let’s see what all these OEMs can come up with in the meantime.
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2011-12-13: Huawei MediaPad visits the FCC again, headed for AT&T
- 2011-12-05: HTC Flyer gets Honeycomb
- 2011-06-15: Lenovo to release two new Honeycomb tablets in the near future
- 2011-03-18: Sprint Motorola Xoom pictured
- 2011-03-16: Upcoming HP, Dell, HTC, Acer and Toshiba tablets prices and dates leaked