The Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system isn’t yet prevalent, and if you want to have the latest version, you would do well to purchase a Google handset itself. Good news, however, for LG Optimus 2X owners, as the South Korean company’s dual-core smartphone will see an Android 2.3 Gingerbread update sometime in the middle of this year – either in June or July. This might not be the fastest update to roll out, but better late than never, don’t you think so? This piece of news comes from LG’s Danish support site of all places, and we do hope for LG to release an official statement on the situation as this could be a one off tip which might even end up wrong in the first place.
Next Story: FCC checks out Garmin Forerunner 610 GPS watch
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Japanese Market Variant Presumably Leaked Online
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Rumored For June Announcement, July Release
- 2014-04-13: LG G3 Photo Confirms 2560x1440 Resolution [Exclusive]
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2011-11-14: LG Optimus 3D receives enhanced Android 2.3 Gingerbread update
- 2011-11-03: LG Optimus 2X finally gets the Gingerbread update
- 2011-10-31: LG Optimus 2X to get Android 2.3 Gingerbread update after all