Netflix is finally arriving on Android. After what seemed like forever, we finally have news about the movie streaming service making its appearance on Google’s mobile operating system. It looks like Netflix has finally sorted out the DRM issues and have made good with Android and its hardware to finally make its debut.
In case you’ve forgotten, the upcoming LG Revolution is an Android phone that packs a 4.3″ display and will support Verizon’s 4G LTE network. The phone has been previously spotted with the Netflix app installed, but there hasn’t been anything official until now.
According to some leaked Verizon promotional material, the LG Revolution Android phone which is coming soon, will arrive with support for Netflix. It is uncertain if Netflix will be preloaded with the device, or if they have a deal with Verizon to include it only on Verizon devices, but what we do know is that it is a listed feature of the LG Revolution. Now all we need is an official release date and announcement. I’m sure a lot of people are quivering in anticipation. Who is waiting for Netflix on their Android devices?
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Japanese Market Variant Presumably Leaked Online
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Rumored For June Announcement, July Release
- 2014-04-13: LG G3 Photo Confirms 2560x1440 Resolution [Exclusive]
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2011-11-17: Google confirms Verizon's Galaxy Nexus specs
- 2011-05-25: Verizon announces LG Revolution for tomorrow
- 2011-05-01: LG Revolution press shot leaked
- 2011-04-12: LG Revolution spotted in the wild
- 2011-03-09: LG Revolution passes through the FCC