Geographic information system (GIS) collectors have just been granted a new tool to make life easier. Called the eXplorist Pro 10, this rugged, lightweight, waterproof and Bluetooth-enabled handheld GPS device has been designed to enable users to easily map out large amounts of data in a minimal amount of time. It features a 3″ WQVGA transreflective color touchscreen, a 533MHz processor, 128MB of RAM, and 4GB of onboard storage, expandable through a microSD card slot (up to 32GB). Its rugged IPX-7 waterproof casing ensures that it can survive most conditions while you travel the world mapping out data.
With an accuracy of 3-5 meters that can be enhanced with a supported Bluetooth GPS receiver to increase the accuracy to 1-3 meters, you can be sure that this device good enough to collect the data you need. It even comes with a 3.2 megapixel camera to capture geotagged photos and videos, and an on-board voice recorder for hands-free note taking. A 3D compass, pressure altimeter and a barometer rounds things off. The device lasts for 15 hours on 2 standard AA batteries, so it’s simple enough to keep juiced up – just bring batteries with you.
Since it uses Windows Mobile v6.5, you’ll be able to run power GIS data collection programs such as ESRI ArcPad 10 and more. The eXplorist Pro 10 is available now for $699.99. Official product page.
- 2014-04-14: Lechal Smart Shoes Update
- 2014-04-08: Toyota Sports Drive Logger Replays Circuit Runs At Home
- 2014-04-02: TomTom Runner Cardio GPS Sport Watch Announced
- 2014-03-27: Magellan SmartGPS 5390 Announced
- 2014-03-06: HereO Watch Helps Parents Keep Tabs On Their Kids
- 2013-10-03: Pack Your Hunting Gear: Magellan eXplorist 350H GPS Arrives At The US
- 2012-07-30: Magellan eXplorist TOPO! Special Editions for hikers announced
- 2012-06-20: Magellan announces partnership with Effigis to add OnPOZ software to its eXplorist Pro 10 GPS
- 2012-05-07: Magellan RoadMate portable automobile navigation range announced
- 2012-01-09: Magellan eXplorist 110 Handheld GPS