The MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online game) scene hasn’t really been shaken up since the release of DC Universe Online at the beginning of this year but it looks like things are about to change. After the success of DC’s DC Universe Online, it looks like Marvel isn’t content letting DC having most of the superhero MMO pie to itself. Marvel has just announced that they will be releasing their own MMO in the near future.
What will set Marvel apart from other superhero MMOs is that instead of creating a customized superhero (or villain), players will be able to assume the role of established Marvel characters like Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Spiderman, and Wolverine – just to name a few. It wasn’t mentioned how this is going to work out but the game is touted to launch with more playable Marvel characters than any other game in the history of Marvel video games.
No release date has been set, but the game is said to be free, with no subscription cost, which makes things a whole lot more interesting. I wonder how Marvel is going to handle having 20 Iron Man characters walking around town – I’m sure they’ll come up with a good explanation or storyline. Any of you looking forward to playing a Marvel MMO?
- MiniShock Are Detailed DualShock 2 Controller Smartphone Straps
- Bethesda’s Silence Is Deafening For Fallout Fans
- Survey: Amazon Kindle Fire Preferred Over Tablets With Google Play For Gaming
- Bethesda Has Nothing To Announce At The Spike TV VGX
- Final Fantasy VIII Launches On PC Via Steam
- Follow: comics, game, marvel, mmo,