The Mercedes-Benz Concept A-class is touted to be a car that most probably come from another planet – although we take that expression in terms of aesthetics only, since when you ponder about the physics concerned on another planet, the final form factor would be very different as well especially when you take gravity and environment into consideration. Still, this conceptual people mover relies on a turbocharged four-cylinder engine, a dual clutch transmission and a radar-based collision warning system with adaptive Brake Assist to ferry you to your destination in style and comfort. The dashboard itself is said to flow in the shape of an aircraft wing, while boasting a “translucent, stretchable textile lining” that will offer a feast of senses for anyone who steps in. Ready to debut at the Shanghai Motor Show from April 21st to 28th, it does drop some not-so-subtle hints on what the new A-class would look like.
Next Story: iPad 2 to be sold at Toys 'R' Us?
- 2013-06-03: Gigabyte BRIX Mini PC Prototypes Shown Off
- 2013-05-15: Erick Tseng Envisioned Electric Display Wrapped Around Phone
- 2013-04-08: Renault Concept Car Boasts Of Neon LED Cocoon
- 2013-04-03: Meet Pars, The Aerial Rescue Robot
- 2013-04-03: Phinergy Air Car Concept
- 2012-03-09: B-Catch Project - Visual Path calculation by “Piggy” and DFKI
- 2011-09-12: Mercedes Benz F 125 gullwing coupe concept to debut this week?
- 2011-06-28: Nikon Prototype/Concept Cameras On Display In France
- 2011-05-04: PaperPhones use flexible E Ink screens
- 2011-01-19: Blackbird concept vehicle gets inspiration from Mercedes-Benz and TRON