All those rumors on a Wii 2/HD, on a touchscreen controller with a 6.2-inch touchscreen, with dual analog sticks, with unicorns and rainbows and stuff aren’t phony! Well, okay maybe the last two aren’t real, but at least we know we’re not all going insane from staring at mythical Wii 2 controller mock-ups!
Speaking on regards to the so called “Project Cafe/Stream” console, Nintendo’s very own Shigeru Miyamoto says that HD for them is only logical now.
“The number of households with a HD television is now big enough to make an HD game console. And of course we are always busy anyway with the development of new consoles. We focus not only on HD and the next system will feature something totally different than usual.”
He urged gamers to “be patient” with news regarding the new console. E3 can’t come any quicker!
Next Story: Child of Eden on PS3 is delayed until September
- 2014-04-23 Ace Attorney 3DS Takes Place In Late 1800s
- 2014-04-23 Mario Kart 8 Demo Rumored For Release Ahead Of Official Game
- 2014-04-22 Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call Confirmed
- 2014-04-22 New Fatal Frame For The Wii U Being Developed
- 2014-04-21 Nintendo Game Boy Officially Turns 25 Years Old
- 2011-06-03 Nikkei 'confirms' Wii 2 controller has 6-inch touchscreen
- 2011-05-16 Is this a list of Wii 2 games in development?
- 2011-05-12 Ubisoft indirectly spills the beans on Wii 2's power
- 2011-04-25 Wii 2 might ditch long "Friend Codes"
- 2011-04-25 The best Wii 2 mock-ups so far are probably fake