There will be a new Motorola XOOM update that is ready to rock and roll later today, where as any other good update is like, it will be able to fix some of the shortcomings in the XOOM such as Bluetooth support on Google Talk as well as for a mouse, proxy support, and a spanking new picture transfer protocol. For those of you who have been on the lookout for an SD memory card support fix, you are out of luck here – since you are still required to root and flash a new kernel to get into the thick of action.
This update will weigh in at 28MB in total, so you might want to connect over to a decent Wi-Fi connection to get it done right without consuming too much of your data plan. For those who are worried about backtracking your rooted XOOM device, fret not at the moment. We suspect that once the update is released later today, you can more or less expect one of the more enterprising hackers out there to grab the file while figuring out a way to flash it.
As for the rest who have just unlocked your device, you ought to be able to receive the update without having to jump through any fiery hoops or what not. To put it plainly, you are able to take advantage of the update as it is without any problems.
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-02: The Moto G Forte Is Actually The Moto G With A Grip Shell Case
- 2014-04-01: Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”
- 2011-10-06: Motorola Xoom Family Edition spotted at retail stores
- 2011-09-28: Motorola XOOM 4G LTE upgrade available tomorrow
- 2011-08-07: Motorola Xoom update brings SD card support
- 2011-06-22: Motorola XOOM receives Android 3.1 update in Europe
- 2011-06-05: Motorola XOOM hits new highs with 1.7GHz clock speed