MSI is back with a couple of notebooks – the FX420 and the FX620DX, where they might look the same on the outside with a shiny black body, although the components located underneath are very different in order to make those notebooks visually attractive across the board. First of all, the FX620DX will sport a very decent 15.6″ full high definition LED back light display (1920 x 1080 or 1366 x 768 pixel resolution), with a choice between the Intel Core i7-2630QM processor (6M Cache, 2.00 GHz) or the Intel Core i5-2410M processor (3M Cache, 2.30 GHz), while graphics is provided by an NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M 1GB DDR3 graphics card with a Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium Operating System on board.
As for the FX420, it is the smaller model with a 14″ HD LED backlight display at 1366 x 768 pixel resolution, powered by a lesser Intel Core i5-2410M 2.3GHz, with video and graphics handled by AMD’s Radeon HD 6470M graphics card with 1GB DDR3 memory, being powered by the Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium Operating System as well.
Shared features between the two include a multi-point touchpad, an HDMI port, USB 3.0 ports, and an ECO Engine that is self-explanatory – it will help you save power in the long run by maximizing battery use per charge. No idea on pricing or availability as at press time though.
Next Story: Garmin Forerunner GPS watch gets a touchscreen
- 2014-01-05: HP G350 G1 Hits The CES 2014 Showfloor
- 2013-12-10: HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1
- 2013-12-05: MSI Announces Industry’s First 3K Gaming Notebook
- 2013-03-29: VIZIO Prices New Line Of Laptops, Desktops
- 2013-03-08: Fujitsu LIFEBOOK E-Series Launched at CeBIT 2013
- 2012-07-24: MSI GT70 and GT60 gaming notebooks now come with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M
- 2012-04-23: MSI GT60 and GT70 Gaming Notebooks Launched
- 2012-01-04: MSI GT783 gaming notebook announced
- 2011-08-16: MSI X460 and X460DX notebooks now available