Just like the weather, it can get quite unpredictable these days to tell just which console is going to do well. Take for example, the Nintendo DS which has been out for so many years already, getting incremental improvements in the process to reach a zenith with the Nintendo DSi. Well, the next stage of evolution would be the 3DS that was recently launched, and you would think that most people would flock towards the 3DS, right?
On the contrary, actually – it seems that the Nintendo DS was the best seller for Nintendo in the month of March, beating out the 3DS in the process. Many attribute this to Pokemon Black and White titles that dominated the sales charts, helping Nintendo move 460,000 units of the DS compared to 400,000 with the 3DS.
Could this be just poor timing for the 3DS’ launch (or rather, Pokemon’s launch)? Either way, it is money going into Nintendo’s pockets, so all’s well that ends well.
Next Story: YouTube takes copyright violators to school
- 2014-04-23 Mario Kart 8 Demo Rumored For Release Ahead Of Official Game
- 2014-04-22 Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call Confirmed
- 2014-04-22 New Fatal Frame For The Wii U Being Developed
- 2014-04-21 Nintendo Game Boy Officially Turns 25 Years Old
- 2014-04-17 Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-03-23 Unique Nintendo 3DS Tells The World You’re A Pokemon Master
- 2013-01-09 Xerneas And Yveltal Are Legendary Pokemon In Pokemon X And Y
- 2012-02-27 Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 announced
- 2011-04-25 Rumor: New Pokemon game coming out? Optimized for 3DS?