Say what you want about the Nintendo 3DS and its glasses-free third dimension of gaming because Nintendo isn’t having any of the negativity. The first Nintendo published 3DS game to sell over a million units and “go platinum” is not Pilot Wings Resort or Steel Diver, but puppy and cat simulator Nintendogs + Cats. The game sold 460,000 copies in Japan and 1.25 million copies in North America and Europe. The game now joins Capcom’s Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition as a million copy seller. Street Fighter reached the million copy mark earlier this month.
Despite slowing momentum (even Nintendo’s president Satoru Iwata even admits it himself) for the 3DS, sales for Nintendogs + Cats give 3DS owners like myself hope. As soon as big name games like The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Mario Kart 3DS (rumored to be coming out this year) and Super Mario 3DS arrive, the party will really begin.
Hang in there 3DS gamers, the drought will be ending soon.
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-04-09: Nintendo Confirms New Mario Game In The Works
- 2014-04-08: Super Smash Bros. For 3DS Pegged For Summer, Wii U Version For Winter
- 2014-04-06: Super Press Start Shows Off All SNES Start Screens
- 2014-03-23: Unique Nintendo 3DS Tells The World You’re A Pokemon Master
- 2014-02-13: Monster Hunter 4 Nintendo 3DS XL Announced
- 2014-01-12: Nintendo 3DS Set To Do Well In 2014
- 2014-01-08: Nintendo 3DS Hacked To Be Made Region Free
- 2014-01-06: Percentage Of Nintendo 3DS Sales To Be Paid To Tomita As Royalties