Say what you want about the Nintendo 3DS and its glasses-free third dimension of gaming because Nintendo isn’t having any of the negativity. The first Nintendo published 3DS game to sell over a million units and “go platinum” is not Pilot Wings Resort or Steel Diver, but puppy and cat simulator Nintendogs + Cats. The game sold 460,000 copies in Japan and 1.25 million copies in North America and Europe. The game now joins Capcom’s Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition as a million copy seller. Street Fighter reached the million copy mark earlier this month.
Despite slowing momentum (even Nintendo’s president Satoru Iwata even admits it himself) for the 3DS, sales for Nintendogs + Cats give 3DS owners like myself hope. As soon as big name games like The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Mario Kart 3DS (rumored to be coming out this year) and Super Mario 3DS arrive, the party will really begin.
Hang in there 3DS gamers, the drought will be ending soon.
- MIT Researchers Claim To Have Discovered Toughest Tongue Twister Of All Time
- Samsung To Introduce Smartphone With Fingerprint Sensor In 2014 [Rumor]
- OCZ Formalizes Toshiba's $35 Million Buyout Offer
- Journey Through Middle-Earth Is Another Chrome Experiment
- Xbox One's Kinect Voice And Gesture Cheat Sheet Released
- Follow: 3ds, nintendo,
- Seen at: gameinformer