Over the weekend, there were whispers of the next iPhone to come with a Sony sensor, but it seems that with some time, clarification and investigation carried out, Apple will most likely remain with OmniVision for its lenses in the iPhone 5, regardless of what Sony CEO Howard Stringer mentioned. Omnivision was the supplier for the 5-megapixel camera in the iPhone 4, and also ensured the iPhone 3GS received its 3.2-megapixel camera from them. Analyst Yair Reiner with Oppenheimer & Co. touts that OmniVision will most likely remain as the camera supplier for Apple’s fifth-generation iPhone, and this after he had checked with contacts in Apple’s supply chain who are more inclined to lean that way as well. What do you think of the entire situation? Either way, we say that the iPhone 5′s camera is going to rock no matter what.
Next Story: Motorola Bravo torn apart by the FCC
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger