At a recent discussion of Google’s Q1 earnings for 2011, Google spoke about the growth of Android. Remember when it wasn’t too long ago that they announced over 300,000 Android devices were activated daily? Well it looks like that number has jumped immensely. According to Jeff Huber, Senior Vice President of Google’s Commerce and Local; over 350,000 Android devices are being activated every day. Talk about a massive growth! In addition to the insane amount of Android phones activated, over 3 billion apps have been installed from the Android market, a 50% over last quarter. At this rate, we’ll soon be hearing about 400,000 Android phones being activated daily in no time. Now let’s hope the developers and Google can keep the momentum going for the Android platform – they’ve got competitors who definitely aren’t going to sit around and let Android grow unhampered. Let’s see what the rest of the year has in store for the platform.
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: Google Dogfooding Android 4.4.3 KitKat [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Future Android Builds Could Remind You Where You Parked Your Car