Great news for fans of Pandora who are thinking or purchasing a BMW this year for your next car – the German car manufacturer has announced that all their 2011 and 2012 models will be able be able to support the Pandora Internet radio iPhone app. Starting today, all MY 2011 and 2012 BMW vehicles that have the BMW Apps option will be able to stream Pandora internet radio through the iPhone app. All users have to do is connect the iPhone to the vehicle, and the app can be seamlessly controlled via the vehicle’s existing controls.
It looks like BMW drivers can bring their personal radio stations with them wherever they go. Though the integration with the vehicle’s controls is a nice feature to have, it isn’t really essential to have. In fact, if your phone can already stream Pandora, and you have an AUX-input in your car’s stereo system, you should have no problem letting your music play through the car as well – the only thing missing is the integrated controls with your vehicle. Just make sure you keep your phone juiced with a cable to the power outlet. Anyway, if you have a BMW with BMW Apps enabled head over to the App Store to download the Pandora app for free now.
- 2014-04-10: BMW OLED Laser Lights To Shape The Future Of Vehicle Lighting Systems
- 2014-01-08: BMW Self-Driving Car “Drifts” Around Bends
- 2013-12-20: BMW i8 Key Fob Concept Is Pretty Futuristic
- 2013-12-03: Amazon Cloud Player Now Arrives On BMW And MINI Cooper
- 2013-10-11: BMW i3 Gets Range Extender Option
- 2013-05-24: Verizon Cloud Offers 500MB Of Free Storage To iOS, Some Android Devices
- 2013-05-10: Zynga's Endless Runner 'Running With Friends' Now Available On iOS
- 2013-04-23: Lettrs For iPhone Lets You Mail Physical Letters From Your Smartphone
- 2011-05-24: Nowstre.am lets you stream lets you stream torrents on your iPhone
- 2011-03-15: Qik Video Connect released for the iPhone