An interesting car navigation device from Pioneer has just paid a visit to the FCC. Called the AppRadio SPH-DA01, it will feature car audio and navigation systems that integrate tightly with iOS devices. Called PAIS (Platform for Aggregation of Internet Services), the AppRadio will be able to hook up with an iOS device like your iPhone or iPad to share its internet connection, implement voice control, integrate GPS, and even support apps such as Pandora and Yelp.
We’ve already seen a Galaxy Tab being used as a car dashboard, so having an iOS device to power a navigation system isn’t exactly out of the question. While it hasn’t been explained how the GPS unit will navigate with the iOS device it will probably be through the use of Bluetooth or a USB connection. No word on pricing or a release date either, but expect to find out more in the coming weeks. And if the 01 in the model name is a sign of things to come, this definitely won’t be the last of Pioneer’s PAIS devices we’ll be seeing.
- 2014-03-12 Pioneer Reportedly Working On Bringing CarPlay To More Vehicles
- 2014-03-05 Pioneer DJE-2000 And DJE-1500 Headphones Announced
- 2013-11-11 Pioneer To Re-Enter TV Market
- 2013-10-01 Pioneer ND-HUD10 Augmented Reality Heads Up Display
- 2013-09-30 Pioneer Transparent Display Concept
- 2013-09-05 Scoop.it For iPad
- 2013-06-10 WWDC 2013 Keynote Livestream Available On Apple Products
- 2013-03-05 Best Buy Accidentally Promotes Jailbreaking In Deal Of The Day Promo
- 2013-02-14 Android And iOS Capture 91.1% Global Market Share
- 2013-02-06 Apple Requires Engineers To Fix iOS Maps