You know all the hoo-ha about living the paperless lifestyle, and there are quarters who want to take things another step further with the wireless way of life, where the Plugable Wireless Audio Kit intends to make that dream a reality. To put it in a nutshell, this is a wireless receiver and USB dongle which will connect to your Windows, Mac, or Linux PC without the need for any drivers at all – all you need to do is connect it to the computer, choose the audio device within the range of available audio options, pair the dongle and receiver, and you’re good to go – as long as they remain within a 50 meter radius (10 meters if there are obstacles in the way).
Too bad initial impressions aren’t that hot, as the receiver is touted to go to “sleep” mode after half an hour whenever it is running off an AAA battery. Of course, if you decide to fork out another $14.99 for the optional AC power adapter, then don’t expect it to fall asleep at all.
Next Story: Updated browser in Symbian Anna
- 2012-06-27: Nexus Q announced
- 2012-06-14: JVC Kenwood NX-SA5 clears the air as an iPod dock
- 2011-04-11: AV3000 Amped Wireless A/V Net Connect Home WiFi Network Bridge
- 2011-04-04: Frieling kitchen scale has iPod dock
- 2011-03-24: Iomega ScreenPlay DX HD Media Player/Server launched