It was only yesterday when we reported that stocks of the PSPgo were running out, and Sony was acting all nonchalant about it. With the company neither denying nor confirming reports, rumors started surfacing about the Japanese electronics manufacturer putting the final nail in the coffin for the not-so-successful portable gaming console.
Well, all the speculation can come to an end now. It has been reported that Sony has formally announced that they will be ending production of the PSPgo though it wasn’t stated exactly when it will be, but you can expect it to be pretty soon. Sony will be stopping production of the PSPgo so it can utilize its resources on producing the NGP which is expected to ship in at least one territory by the end of the year.
Since its launch, the PSPgo hasn’t exactly been a fan favorite, with the digitally downloaded games arriving later than those on UMDs, the inability for UMD owners to transfer their games over to the PSPgo and let’s not forget its sky high $250 price tag. Are you sad to see the PSPgo go?RELATED
- Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition PS4 And Xbox One Release Confirmed
- Help This Sheriff Catch Vandals, Get A Free Xbox One
- Fallout 4 Website Turns Out To Be Fake
- R4iSDHC Gets Updated Website
- 'Waiting In Line 3D' Brings The Boredom Of Waiting In Line To Your Computer
- Follow: psp go, pspgo, Sony,
- Seen at: psp.ign