Everybody who is anybody these days has to have motion controls. The latest gaming company to push Wii-nunchaku-like controllers is Razer, makers of the finest PC gaming mice and keyboard on the planet. The Hydra is the world’s first “gaming-grade” motion controllers. Razer claims the Hydra can track precision motions thanks to its magnetic motion sensing base station. Track better than the PlayStation Move and PlayStation Eye combo? We won’t know until gamers test it out for themselves.
On the actual controller, you’ll find four action buttons, an analog stick on each piece and a rapid-fire trigger and bumper housed in an ergonomic lightweight mold. The only thing I’m not digging is that thin cable. Surely, Razer can be wireless right? The PS Move is. It’s 2011 for crying out loud.
The Hydra supports over 125 existing PC games including Portal 2, Call of Duty Black Ops and Left 4 Dead 2. Pre-orders start next month for $140 with units landing at doorsteps in June.RELATED
- NPD: Xbox One Won First Round Of Sales Against PS4 In Australia
- IGN: Xbox One Hard Drive Maxes Out At 362GBs
- Nintendo Updates 3DS With Miiverse Among Others
- Fallout 4 Website Creator Hoped His Stunt Would Force Bethesda To Reveal Their Hand
- BioWare Hopes To Share More Mass Effect Details In 2014
- Follow: motion controller, razer,
- Seen at: razerzone