While everyone is busy freaking out about the alleged iPhone 5 delay this year, a new leaked photo, purported to show the case for the seventh-generation iPod Nano is doing the rounds. Obtained by Apple.pro, the photo clearly shows a hole on the back of the iPod Nano case, leading many to believe that Apple will be bringing back a camera to the small touchscreen music player. If you’re up to date on your Apple history, you’ll recall that the fifth-gen iPod Nano had a camera for taking video (not still pics), but with the smaller form update last September, Apple axed the cam. With Apple.pro’s proven track record (it leaked the 6G redesign way before the unveil), we wouldn’t pretend to be amazed come September. As for a front facing cam for FaceTime? We wouldn’t count on it. Fitting a camera (even a crappy one) into the Nano’s already tiny body is already squeezing all of the components extremely tight.
Next Story: Nintendo says "no thanks" to smartphones
- 2014-04-14: Hawkeye Crime Surveillance System Tested, Proves Effective
- 2014-03-31: Motorcycle Is Actually A Camera
- 2014-03-24: Sony A3500 Camera Launched
- 2014-03-18: Tiny Camera Captures Aorta Selfies
- 2014-02-26: Corephotonics Offers Dual Lens Smartphone Camera Possibility
- 2011-11-13: First generation iPod nano faces battery overheating issues, Apple issues replacements
- 2011-06-06: iOS 5 revealed in a photograph?
- 2011-05-10: 7th generation iPod Nano to have a camera?
- 2009-09-09: New iPod nano, hands-on
- 2009-11-22: iPod touch to get camera in spring?