It looks like RIM listens to their customers. After reports went live about the PlayBook being blocked from accessing Hulu, the Wall Street Journal has reported that RIM is in talks with Hulu about enabling Hulu Plus on their QNX tablet, the BlackBerry PlayBook. Hulu has been blocked on most tablets and smartphones due to the fact that they have a premium service, Hulu Plus, which is used to serve content to such mobile devices.
Devices such as the iPhone or iPad can access Hulu Plus, need an app to do so. Even though the BlackBerry PlayBook is completely capable of playing Flash video on its browser, registered Hulu Plus users still aren’t able to access the service on the tablet, which is quite a bummer. It is uncertain how the talks will end, but even if they go well, folks will probably have to wait for a Hulu Plus app to be developed for the PlayBook before they can use the service.
With folks already complaining about the lack of a native email client or calendar app, RIM is doing all it can to keep their customers happy. If you are one of the early PlayBook adopters, what other features do you feel are missing from the tablet?RELATED
- HP EliteBook Revolve G2
- LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition Tablet Is Now Official
- Leap Motion Gesture Control Could Debut On Smartphones And Tablets Late Next Year
- LG V510 Is A Google Play Edition LG G Pad 8.3 Tablet
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos iOS App Gets Native iPad And Video Upload Support
- Follow: blackberry playbook, hulu, RIM,
- Seen at: online.wsj