Evidence is mounting for people to make an educated guess that Apple is working on a new kind of smart HDTV which will be connected to the Internet, and this model ought to hit the market before the year is over, giving geeks yet another Christmas headache as they go around in circles, wondering what to reward themselves for a year well lived. Should Apple’s smart HDTV make a splash, it might just change the $100 billion LCD TV market substantially, just like how their iPad and its successor have taken the tablet world by storm. According to analyst Brian White who is associated with Ticonderoga Securities, he was at a China electronics trade show which saw him checking out “data points” that do seem to end up with a “Smart TV” no matter which way you look at it. Guess the $99 second-generation Apple TV isn’t going to last the distance, which is why Apple is going big on a large screen display.
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Stops Selling Paid Applications Through Smart TVs
- 2014-01-22 Satechi Smart TV Box Announced
- 2014-01-16 Apple FaceTime Invention Boasts Of Face Morphing And Image Matching To Ensure That Video Remains Smooth
- 2014-01-09 iPhone 6 Could Feature 8MP Camera Only
- 2013-12-17 Apple Patents 'Desk-Free' Computer
- 2013-12-11 Apple Awarded Patent For Curved Screens
- 2013-12-08 Apple Spent $60 Million Fighting Samsung In Court
- 2012-05-28 Apple manufacturing test batch of smart TVs?
- 2011-03-25 Apple might work on smart TV prototype