Things are getting really ugly now for Sony’s PlayStation Network. Despite issuing statements telling gamers that it is working around the clock to bring the online service back online as well as to re-secure it to prevent hackers from breaking in again, Sony says it’s not sure if credit card and any other personal information have been compromised at this time. Sony spokesman Satoshi Fukuoka for Sony Computer Entertainment in Tokyo says that the company is performing a “thorough investigation.” If credit card info was stolen, Sony will have a situation that’s larger than just a mob of angry PlayStation gamers.
No concrete date for when PSN will be back online has been given at this time. It certainly feels like a terrible time to be a PS3 gamer and a great time to be an Xbox 360 one. Here’s to hoping Sony gets PSN back up asap, I’m itching to troll around in PlayStation Home real bad.
- Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition PS4 And Xbox One Release Confirmed
- Help This Sheriff Catch Vandals, Get A Free Xbox One
- Fallout 4 Website Turns Out To Be Fake
- R4iSDHC Gets Updated Website
- 'Waiting In Line 3D' Brings The Boredom Of Waiting In Line To Your Computer
- Follow: outage, playstation network, ps3, psn, psn outage, Sony,
- Seen at: pcworld