We do know that Android fragmentation is a very real problem, but then again that is what happens when you have an open ended eco-system that welcomes all and sundry to give it a go. Achieving is good balance isn’t exactly the easiest thing to do for sure, but we would go out on a limb to say that Google has done quite a good job when working in tandem with hardware manufacturers to make sure that their smartphones are more or less up to date.
With so many Android-powered phones these days sporting Android 2.2 Froyo, the big question is this – when will Android 2.3 Gingerbread become the staple diet instead of the softer Froyo? T-Mobile G2x (also known as the LG Optimus 2X) are in with a shout this time round as T-Mobile USA recently announced on Twitter that the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update will be here “sooner than you’d expect.”
T-Mobile has already been testing Gingerbread on the G2x in secret – actually, before the handset even arrived on the market, now how about that? This covert testing would point towards an Android 2.3 Gingerbread update that ought to be out sooner rather than later, where it will deliver a fresher user interface for the G2x compared to the ordinary looking Android 2.2 Froyo build which it shipped with.
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2011-08-04: myTouch 4G and G2 get Gingerbread update at T-Mobile stores
- 2011-07-28: T-Mobile G2 finally receives Gingerbread
- 2011-07-26: T-Mobile G2X finally receives Gingerbread today
- 2011-07-19: T-Mobile myTouch 4G Gingerbread update test pilot program this July 20th
- 2011-05-26: T-Mobile G2x Gingerbread arriving this summer