The T-Mobile MyTouch 4G has been one of the more popular Android-powered handsets over at the mobile carrier, and we’re pleased to bring you news that handset manufacturer, HTC, has announced that they will be rolling out an Android 2.3 Gingerbread update for the MyTouch 4G in due time.
It seems that a customer who contacted HTC tech support and asked about the MyTouch 4G’s Android 2.3 update, only to be told that it will be coming out soon – although it won’t pass the Q2 mark, so you have until June at the latest before your MyTouch 4G gets some Gingerbread goodness.
Do bear in mind that this isn’t the newest or most powerful Android-powered smartphone in the market at press time, but it is a decent performer, and if you look around carefully, you might even come across deals that see it being made available for free.
Next Story: Rockchip powers Android-powered netbooks
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile Abolishes Consumer Overages
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: T-Mobile Announces Operation Tablet Freedom
- 2011-10-06: T-Mobile myTouch and myTouch Q are now official
- 2011-08-08: LG G-Slate gets Android 3.1 Honeycomb update
- 2011-07-19: T-Mobile myTouch 4G Gingerbread update test pilot program this July 20th
- 2010-10-27: T-Mobile myTouch 4G is now official
- 2010-11-03: T-Mobile myTouch 4G is finally on sale