Toshiba has just announced a new addition to its 24 nm NAND flash product family – the SmartNAND. Designed for portable devices such as media players, tablets and phones, the NAND flash chips are meant to make life easier for the host processor while minimizing protocol changes and are also used to store data. Manufacturers are constantly on the lookout for new products that can fit more memory into the same or smaller size than their current products, so a 64GB SmartNAND would potentially see a lot of use in future devices, With these SmartNAND chips on the market, it wouldn’t be surprising to see a 64GB iPhone in the future. The new Toshiba SmartNAND chips will be available in August.
Next Story: White iPhone 4 bumper buzz
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba’s MicroSD Memory Cards Are World’s Fastest
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba Shows How Project Ara's Modularity Can Be Applied To Wearables
- 2014-04-16: Toshiba Satellite P55t Notebook Launches Next Week
- 2014-03-27: Toshiba Canvio Desk Desktop External Hard Drive Revealed
- 2014-03-19: Toshiba Canvio Wireless Adapter
- 2012-05-15: Toshiba Canvio 3.0 USB Drive Reaches 1.5TB
- 2012-03-14: Toshiba introduces EXCERIA: "the world's fastest SD cards"
- 2011-07-28: Toshiba has higher performance NAND flash devices
- 2009-07-22: Apple Forks Out $500 Million For Flash Memory
- 2010-06-16: Toshiba 128GB flash chips target portable devices