What’s the whole point of rumors if they do not have any weight associated with them? After all, sources who deliver rumors that do come true will definitely have repeat customers so to speak, and we are well aware of that, which is why we try our best to be as accurate as possible. Sure, there have been snafus in the past, but that doesn’t mean we don’t try to improve. I digress – the latest whispers on the grapevine that you have today would be the Toshiba Thrive tablet – no idea on whether this is the AT300 that is Japan-only at the moment, but we will just have to wait and see.
This does seem to point towards being an Android 3.0 Honeycomb-powered tablet, where it was originally dubbed the “Antares” at Mobile World Congress back at February this year. It seemed that only European videos used this name, so perhaps it might be called something else elsewhere, otherwise there is a very large percentage that this might be a codename. The Toshiba Thrive seems to be what it is called, so let’s stick with it for the moment.
A trademark filing that describes a tablet device coupled with Toshiba picking up the following URLs – ToshibaThrive.com, ThriveTablet.com and ThriveToshiba.com, would more or less mean Toshiba’s more than ready to wow the market (if possible at all) with the Thrive when the right time comes.
Next Story: Samsung HD3 portable gaming console concept
- 2014-01-07: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Series – hands-on review
- 2013-12-10: HP EliteBook Revolve G2
- 2013-12-10: Quark A Kickstarter Project That Help Kids Learn Via Fun
- 2013-12-06: No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- 2013-09-06: LG G Pad: Hands On Review
- 2011-09-27: Toshiba unveils Thrive 7" Tablet
- 2011-07-29: Toshiba Thrive update solves sleep issues
- 2011-07-19: Toshiba knows about Thrive bugs, set to squash it
- 2011-06-20: Toshiba Regza tablet delayed in Japan
- 2011-05-22: Toshiba Thrive ready for pre-order