Remember news of the Symbian Anna that we covered recently? Well, an updated operating system would mean improvements in some ways, and you can be sure that the latest Symbian OS version will sport an updated browser (version 7.3) that is touted to be faster and easier to use. After all, with smartphones becoming so commonplace that browsing the Internet using it is deemed to be “normal”, Nokia intends to make this experience a rewarding one. They might me a little bit too late to the game though, since their rivals, Apple’s iOS and Android-powered smartphones have long taken the lead and do not look set to relinquish their positions anytime soon.
But I digress – it seems that Symbian Anna will ship with a streamlined UI that removes of the double layer of icons located at the bottom of the browsing window, and will replace that with a tiny back arrow instead, as well as an options icon which call up different tasks including bookmarks, history or the exit button.
- 2011-10-25 Nokia offers Symbian Anna update in the US officially
- 2011-08-22 Nokia N8 camera update adds a whole new dimension
- 2011-08-18 Symbian Anna update is now official
- 2011-08-17 Symbian Anna download leaked to N8 owners
- 2011-07-21 Nokia N5 makes it past the FCC
- 2011-06-27 Nokia N5 caught in the wild