Verizon has just announced that they are ready to push out a new update for their first (and only – at least for the moment) 4G LTE phone, the HTC ThunderBolt. The update was leaked out last week through a ROM, but as of today, Verizon officially announced it through a pdf on its website.
The software update is said to improve the phone’s 3G connection, organize its text messages better, gain better access to some apps, and the usual performance enhancements. No date was mentioned in the pdf but we should expect the update to arrive pretty soon. Keep your eyes on your ThunderBolt’s notification bar for the imminent update and let us know when it arrives for your phone.
Features of the update:
- Enhanced data connectivity when accessing the Verizon 3G network
- SMS and MMS messages are stored properly in the Messaging Application
- Timing for device activation has been improved
- “Backup Assistant” is correctly displayed in the Application menu
- Stability improvements for data centric applications such as Facebook, KAYAK, Yahoo! Mail, My Verizon and more
- Accurate location is displayed when accessing the Weather Widget
- Quickly load GPS updates for Google Maps and VZ Navigator