It’s been almost a year since Android 2.2, better known as Froyo, was released to the world. Most of the phones that were supposed to get the update have already received it, some much earlier than others. But there was one phone that was infamous for not getting the update despite promises of the update arriving used on its promotional materials, and that phone is the Samsung Galaxy S – better known as the Fascinate, Captivate, Epic 4G, Vibrant, and Mesmerize on US carriers. While the un-rebranded Galaxy S phones in other parts of the world got their Froyo on time, folks in the US had to wait until this year just get the official update. And now the update has reached the last of the Galaxy S phones still on Éclair (Android 2.1) – the Samsung Fascinate.
Starting from today, the Froyo update for the Samsung Fascinate on Verizon will start rolling out to all users on the network. The Froyo update brings a lot of new features to the phone including Adobe Flash support, the ability to move apps to the SD card, and most importantly – Android OS speed, memory and performance optimizations.
The notification to update your phone should be pushed out to you by today, but if you would like to check for it manually, just head to Menu > Settings > About Phone > System Updates > and check for updates. If it’s available to you, you can start downloading it right away. Let us know how the update goes for you.
- 2014-04-23 Kyocera Brigadier Press Rendering For Verizon Leaked
- 2014-04-23 Red HTC One M8 For Verizon Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-23 Verizon Galaxy S5 'Camera Failed' Issue Irks Users
- 2014-04-22 PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2011-03-07 Samsung Galaxy Pro announced
- 2011-01-25 Samsung Fascinate Android 2.2 Froyo update leaked?
- 2011-01-11 Verizon Samsung Fascinate haven't gotten FroYo love yet
- 2010-12-28 Samsung website claims Fascinate already running Android 2.2 OS
- 2010-11-16 HTC Merge to be Announced by Verizon on Thursday