The folks over at BGR have sources who claim that RIM is already planning on releasing a follow up to its recently released BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. While the tablet hasn’t even been on the market for a month, with its 3G/4G versions yet to make an appearance, the second PlayBook tablet might actually just be a slight update of the PlayBook instead of a second-generation model.
The main difference between the rumored PlayBook and the current one is that it’s rumored to be packing a 10″ display instead of the 7″ display on the PlayBook now. The 10″ model is also rumored to ship with an email client and BBM right out of the box – a big improvement over the current PlayBook. With the 10″ model, RIM will be competing on both fronts of the tablet market, like Samsung and other manufacturers who also have tablets of different sizes. As usual, take these rumors with a pinch of salt. Since the new tablet is rumored to drop in fall, we’ll just have to wait until the season comes around.
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2011-12-21: RIM now accepting Android app submissions from aggregator developers
- 2011-12-20: Facebook for BlackBerry PlayBook updated to 2.0
- 2011-12-13: Rooted BlackBerry PlayBook allows USB host support
- 2011-12-07: BlackBerry PlayBook update disables dingleberry root
- 2011-11-21: BlackBerry PlayBook on sale from $199 for a limited time