Cycling is a fun sport, but it can sometimes get a bit boring especially when you’re doing it all by yourself. Music can help solve that problem, but listening to music on earphones can be dangerous – you fail to hear other ambient road noises, incoming traffic, and your spatial awareness is reduced. Xceon recognizes this problem and has introduced the ACOUZTIC: a flashlight with MP3 player.
Shaped like a flashlight, this tube speaker lets you listen to your MP3 and WMA music without the need for headphones – this means you can enjoy your favorite tunes without compromising your safety. The ACOUZTIC is also designed to take a beating with its rugged build quality and it is rainproof so you won’t have to worry about ruining it when it suddenly pours.
In addition to playing music, the ACOUZTIC has an ultra-bright 170 lumens LED flashlight, with five light settings: Hi, Low, Flash, Disorienting Strobe and SOS. For those night riding trips, the flashlight can be pretty invaluable, especially if you need to signal for help. The ACOUSTIC can be used as a torch for up to 40 hours straight or play music for up to 70 hours. It is easily mountable onto a bicycle, though you could always carry it around with you like a regular torch light/portable speaker. The Xceon ACOUZTIC is available now and costs $139.95 each.
- 2014-03-28: There’s No Stopping This Juggernaut Trike
- 2014-02-04: RYNO Cycle Could Make Unicycles Cool Again
- 2013-12-03: Copenhagen Wheel Assists Cyclists Through Its Rechargeable Battery
- 2013-10-15: Desperado E-bike Sports Two Motors And Top Speed Of 80km/h
- 2013-06-24: Citi Bike Smart Helmet Helps Guide Riders To Nearest Docking Station
- 2011-08-18: Garmin Edge 200 Cycling GPS makes it easier to track your progress
- 2011-06-16: Wattbike measures how much power you generate during cycling
- 2011-05-24: Cyclist creates his own bicycle lane with a pico projector
- 2011-05-09: iBike Dash CC turns your iPhone into a cycling trainer
- 2011-04-04: TDK Sound Cube: a box full of music