According to some rumors online, Activision will be announcing a new Call of Duty game next week and it won’t be another single player installment to the series. The next CoD game will apparently be an online-only version of Activision’s hit first person shooter franchise. Tentatively called Call of Duty Online, it is also speculated to run on a Free-to-Play business model similar to how Battlefield Play4Free works.
If CoD’s massive fanbase is anything to go by, the online version of the game should be a hit from the get go – provided that Activation pulls it off correctly. After all, EA has publicly challenged CoD by saying that Battlefield 3 is superior in every way – it’s only fair if EA brings the battle onto their turf. Well like all rumors, take it with a pinch of salt. Next week is on its way anyway, and we shouldn’t have to wait too long if it turns out to be true. What do you think of a Free-to-Play online version of CoD? Would you play it?
- 2014-04-15: Snoop Dogg Featured In Call Of Duty: Ghosts' Voice Pack
- 2014-04-04: Call Of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation Launch Screens Detail Predator
- 2014-03-31: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Devastation Gameplay Trailer Released
- 2014-03-26: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Gold Edition Spotted
- 2014-02-20: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Will Be Free To Play On Steam This Weekend
- 2014-02-12: Sledgehammer's Call Of Duty's Visuals To Be Huge Improvement Over Ghosts
- 2014-02-06: Call Of Duty Franchise To Get 3 Year Dev Cycle
- 2013-11-11: Call Of Duty Companion App Released For iOS, Android, Windows
- 2013-11-06: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Recycles Modern Warfare 2 Cutscene [Video]
- 2013-11-06: Call Of Duty: Ghosts PS4 Reportedly Suffers From Frame Rate Issues