We’ve mentioned rumors about Amazon releasing an Android tablet before, but now the story has developed even further with a speculated release date. According to DigiTimes, who claims to have high-level sources on the issue, the Amazon tablet will be released in the second half of this year. We’ve previously heard that the tablet will be built by Samsung, but the latest reports don’t make any mention about the Korean company being involved.
The Amazon tablet is touted to have an LCD display and a separate touch panel that’s supposedly put together by E Ink Holdings. The tablet will most likely run on Android – judging by the fact that Amazon already has a Kindle app for the operating system, along with an app store and a cloud service that supports it. Again, take all this news with a pinch of salt until Amazon comes forward with official details, but for now it sure feels like the rumors are getting warmer.
- 2014-01-07: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Series – hands-on review
- 2013-12-10: HP EliteBook Revolve G2
- 2013-12-10: Quark A Kickstarter Project That Help Kids Learn Via Fun
- 2013-12-06: No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- 2013-09-08: Amazon Smartphone Will Be Offered To Customers For Free [Rumor]
- 2013-09-06: LG G Pad: Hands On Review
- 2011-11-14: Amazon Kindle Fire tablet ships out today
- 2011-10-05: Amazon WhisperSync to take on iCloud?
- 2011-04-22: Samsung to build Amazon's Android tablet?
- 2010-03-14: Amazon Kindle App For Android To Appear On Dell Streak?