Sorry, I could not really resist the pun in the title above, but the $0.99 price point that Lady Gaga was selling her latest album “Born this Way” for actually sent so many buyers their way, that it resulted in a shutdown on the company’s server. This move by Amazon actually surprised many fans at such a low, low price, and it also proved to be an affirmation that might just see future artists go the same way in order for Amazon to promote their Cloud Drive service.
Once the server was down, many users found themselves unable to download the whole album, and decided that they could bear the thought of parting with another additional $11 by turning to iTunes instead.
Amazon tweeted yesterday afternoon that they will honor all purchases made yesterday, even if you were unable to download Born this Way. Were you one of those who were affected?
Next Story: Logitech Touch Lapdesk N600
- 2014-04-22 Amazon Will Reportedly Change The Way We Interact With Smartphones
- 2014-04-17 Amazon Fire TV’s Voice Search Expands Partners Roll
- 2014-04-17 Amazon Germany Workers Go On Strike Again
- 2014-04-17 Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-16 Amazon Cloud Drive Users Can Now See Documents Stored On A Kindle
- 2011-05-26 Lady Gaga's Born This Way on sale for $0.99 again today