Our Motorola Xoom Tablet has been updated to Android 3.1, but it looks like other tablets will receive a similar update soon. Italian site Eee PC.it has been saying that the Asus Eee Transformer Pad will be upgraded in early June. This comes from an official source at Asus Italy.
In the meantime, thisismynext says that the Acer Icona Tab A500 will get the update as well. Others should follow, but keep in mind that each manufacturer might have some work to do, if they have customized the software or pre-installed apps.At the Google IO, Google had promised faster updates and this might be a hint of things to come. If you have missed the boat on Android 3.1, it is basically an update to 3.1 tweaks the overall performance, makes widgets resizable (convenient for emails…) and adds the ability to talk to USB devices (keyboard, mice, and more).
As a special partner, Motorola got the update first, and we wonder which company will have that coveted spot next time…
Next Story: Native Union offers Gold POP phone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2011-06-10: Galaxy Tab 10.1 Google I/O edition gets Android 3.1 Honeycomb
- 2011-05-11: Google shows off new Google TV at I/O
- 2011-05-10: Motorola XOOM updated to Android 3.1 today
- 2011-05-05: Google Earth now optimized for Honeycomb tablets
- 2011-04-29: Adobe drops hint of Android 3.1 – and removes it