Our Motorola Xoom Tablet has been updated to Android 3.1, but it looks like other tablets will receive a similar update soon. Italian site Eee PC.it has been saying that the Asus Eee Transformer Pad will be upgraded in early June. This comes from an official source at Asus Italy.
In the meantime, thisismynext says that the Acer Icona Tab A500 will get the update as well. Others should follow, but keep in mind that each manufacturer might have some work to do, if they have customized the software or pre-installed apps.At the Google IO, Google had promised faster updates and this might be a hint of things to come. If you have missed the boat on Android 3.1, it is basically an update to 3.1 tweaks the overall performance, makes widgets resizable (convenient for emails…) and adds the ability to talk to USB devices (keyboard, mice, and more).
As a special partner, Motorola got the update first, and we wonder which company will have that coveted spot next time…
- iPads Still Popular Amongst Enterprise Users
- Samsung Reportedly Working On Flexible Tablet Displays With Stylus Support
- Luna Delivery Service Will Deliver Packages At Night When You're Actually Home
- iPad Air Leads Tablets During Holiday Weekend
- Applebee's Installing Nearly 100,000 Tablets On Its Tables In 2014
- Follow: Android, android 3.1, Google, honeycomb, Tablet, update, upgrade,