This week is a pretty big week for Android – with the whole Google I/O event going on, a lot of aspects about Android are being updated. One of the most important Android services, launched together with the Honeycomb tablet earlier this year is the web-based Android Market. With the amount of apps already surpassing the 200,000 milestone, users need an easier way to find apps they want or need. Google has decided to introduce 5 new features to help the web-based Android Market in this aspect.
New top app charts – the charts have been revised to be fresher and country specific, so you know what app is being downloaded the most in your country. There are also new categories such as top new paid, and top grossing lists.
Editor’s Choice – the best apps are handpicked by the Android Market staff themselves and placed here. The apps include but are not limited to games and productivity.
Top Developers –developers behind the highest quality, popular and notable apps on the Android Market will be receiving a special icon on their Android Market website to let people know that they’ve attained such a status.
Better related apps – app recommendations are now based on what you’re downloading at the moment, and what other apps that people have been downloading along with the same app.
Trending apps – Apps that are quickly growing in daily installs will be featured here, so users can catch on to the latest trend before it explodes.
These features are now available on the web-based Android Market and will be pushed to Android devices in the near future.
Next Story: Jetman flies over Grand Canyon at 190mph
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2011-09-09: Google Maps for Android updated
- 2011-08-25: Google+ app for Android updated
- 2011-08-12: Google Video arrives on Froyo and Gingerbread devices
- 2011-08-09: Google prematurely announces Google Search update
- 2011-07-29: Gmail for Android updated to version 2.3.5