Wow, it looks like Apple’s competitors have got a long way to go to play catch up with. The Cupertino-based company has hit a new milestone: The Apple App Store now has over 500,000 apps approved for the App Store according to a report by Chomp, 148apps.com and Chillingo. The last known public figure that Apple released about the number of apps available on the App Store has been 350,000 – so this 500,000 figure is new. But even if 500,000 was off the mark, it would be safe to say that the other app stores still have got a long way to go regardless. None of the other competing app stores are even hitting 300,000 apps yet, so Apple still has a massive lead.
In addition to the 500,000 figure, some other interesting numbers were released:
- Angry Birds is the most popular paid app of all time: it has spent 275 days at #1, while the second most popular app, The Moron Test, has only spent 38 days at #1!
- Gartner predicts that there will be 15 billion+ apps sold in 2011 for all tablets and phones, 17.7 billion app downloads and a 190% revenue increase over 2010.
- The average price of a paid app is $3.64 – a huge difference from the $4-6 it used to be when the App Store was first launched in 2008.
Check out the full report/infographic.RELATED
- Apple Thinks Samsung Should Foot Some Of Their Legal Bill
- Southwest Airlines Offer $2 iMessaging Service For iOS Users
- Apple TV Bloomberg App Brings 24 Hour Live News Stream
- Activists Target iPhone 5C Supplier Pegatron After 15-Year-Old Worker's Death
- Valve's Steam Mobile Receives iOS 7 Redesign, Other Improvements
- Follow: app store, Apple Inc, infographic, milestone,
- Seen at: moconews.net