The Apple Store was down earlier today, and as usual people predicted that it was time for a new iMac to hit the store. They were right. Apple has officially announced the arrival of their next generation iMac all-in-one desktop. The new iMac features the latest quad-core processors, new graphics cards, Thunderbolt I/O technology and a new FaceTime HD camera. They tout this version of the iMac to be 70% faster than the previous generation, with graphics performance three times better.
The new iMacs pack an Intel Core i5 processor (upgradable to Core i7 3.4GHz), and AMD Radeon HD graphics processors. It will also be the first Mac desktop to have Thunderbolt ports – with the 21.5″ iMac featuring only one port while the 27″ model comes with two. The new iMac also includes a built-in FaceTime HD camera, and Apple’s FaceTime software for HD video calling right out of the box to other FaceTime devices such as the iPhone or iPad. It features an IPS LED-backlit high resolution display, an SD card slot and users have the choice of Apple’s Magic Mouse or Magic Trackpad for pointing and clicking.
The iMac will come with Mac OS X Snow Leopard, and the iLife suite for your photo, video and music needs. Available starting from today, the new iMacs are available in four different configurations, with prices starting from $1,199. Head over to the iMac product page for more details and configuration options.RELATED
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- OS X 10.9.1 Seeded Out To AppleCare Staff; Public Release Imminent
- Apple Beats Out Dell For Most Sought After Desktop Computer For The Holiday Season
- German Retailer Accepting Mac Pro Pre-Orders Set For 16th December Release
- OS X Mavericks' Overall Market Share Continues To Grow
- Follow: Apple Inc, computer, iMac, launch, mac, os x,