Earlier this week, ASUS teased us with some images of a new device, along with the tagline: “Break the rules: pad or phone?” Well it turns out that the creative team wasn’t so creative when it came to the naming of the device. According to trademark filings recently discovered by the folks over at PocketNow, the new ASUS device might be called the Padfone.
Judging from what we know so far, this device could be an oversized smartphone, or an undersized tablet that makes calls. Or is there some other form factor we haven’t heard of before? Either way, I’m not too excited about the name (do we really need another device named “Pad”?) but I don’t want to judge a device solely based on what it’s named.
Computex is just around the corner, and Asus will finally spill the beans on their upcoming devices, so stay tuned!RELATED
- Leap Motion Gesture Control Could Debut On Smartphones And Tablets Late Next Year
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos iOS App Gets Native iPad And Video Upload Support
- Record Android Device's Screen With Audio Through CyanogenMod Screencast App
- Google Play Store Game Categories To Be Expanded In February
- Google Hangouts App Update Improves SMS, MMS Messaging
- Follow: asus, computex, computex 2011, padfone, phone, Tablet,
- Seen at: pocketnow