Earlier this week, ASUS teased us with some images of a new device, along with the tagline: “Break the rules: pad or phone?” Well it turns out that the creative team wasn’t so creative when it came to the naming of the device. According to trademark filings recently discovered by the folks over at PocketNow, the new ASUS device might be called the Padfone.
Judging from what we know so far, this device could be an oversized smartphone, or an undersized tablet that makes calls. Or is there some other form factor we haven’t heard of before? Either way, I’m not too excited about the name (do we really need another device named “Pad”?) but I don’t want to judge a device solely based on what it’s named.
Computex is just around the corner, and Asus will finally spill the beans on their upcoming devices, so stay tuned!
Next Story: Sony announces new surround sound PS3 headset
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2011-08-12: ASUS Padfone delayed because of Ice Cream Sandwich
- 2011-05-31: ASUS officially launches the Padfone
- 2011-05-31: Intel creates Ultrabook category for mobile computing niche
- 2011-05-30: Asus MeMo glasses-free 3D tablet at Computex 2011
- 2011-05-23: ASUS teases us with photographs of a new device