If rumors hold true, it looks like we’ll have one more LTE carrier to join the scene at the end of next month. According to the folks at IntoMobile, a trusted source has advised them that AT&T’s LTE network will be launching in June. Apparently the first city AT&T’s LTE network will roll out to will be New York, with the earliest date being June 30th.
Then the following month, on July 24th we should see the network reaching Los Angeles. No other details have been mentioned, so take these rumors with a pinch of salt. And like Verizon’s 4G LTE network when it first launched – don’t expect phones to support the network arriving straightaway. AT&T will introduce their network through USB modems and hotspots, before they break out the phones. We can’t wait.
Next Story: Amazon rumored to release a family of tablets
- 2014-03-31: iPad Air & iPad mini With LTE Hits China At Last
- 2014-03-12: pCell Technology Could Help Carriers Provide Better Reception And Speeds
- 2014-02-19: Surface 2 With LTE Spotted At The FCC
- 2014-02-18: Broadcom Forging Ahead With 300 Mbps Cat6 LTE
- 2014-02-17: AT&T LTE Moto G Possible
- 2013-04-30: AT&T 4G LTE Switched On In 20 New Markets
- 2012-08-17: Pantech Flex 4G LTE handset teased for AT&T
- 2012-07-26: AT&T expands 4G LTE coverage to new areas
- 2012-07-25: Samsung SGH-I547 stops by the FCC with AT&T's LTE radios on board
- 2012-07-09: AT&T deploys 4G LTE to several new cities