Remember our report about the new eReader Barnes & Noble will be releasing this month? Well, it looks like the announcement is imminent. The media has started receiving invitations to a Barnes & Noble invitation-only event that is happening on May 24th in New York. While the invitation says nothing about a tablet been announced, the May 24th date corroborates with the previous report about B&N launching a new eReader on the very same date.
While we do know a new eReader is coming, we still don’t know what it’s going to be: a tablet or a dedicated eReader device? Will it display books in color? Or in black and white? What sort of technology will be used for the display? Since the event is only a week away, we won’t have to wait very long to find out. Are you guys looking forward to a new NOOK?
Next Story: Nokia N9 MeeGo teaser video released
- 2014-04-11: DataBeat - Using Data To Ignite Growth
- 2014-04-09: Wearable Wednesday SF: Avoiding Traps When Building Wearable Hardware April 16
- 2014-03-04: French Tech Club, 9-11 March at SXSW in Austin
- 2013-10-18: Open Mobile Summit including Appcelerate, Nov 12-14 - San Francisco
- 2013-10-15: Apple Still Has “A Lot To Cover” This October 22nd
- 2011-12-20: "Lite" Ubuntu runs on the NOOK Tablet
- 2011-11-23: Nook Simple Touch going for just $79
- 2011-06-01: Barnes & Noble NOOK The Simple Touch Reader now shipping
- 2010-10-26: Nook Color just announced
- 2010-10-27: Nook Color Preview