After over 20 hours of downtime, Blogger, Google’s popular blogging service is now back up. Earlier today (yesterday for some of you folks), Blogger was taken offline due to reports of bloggers and readers not being able to access blogs or publish posts. Google traced the source of the problem back to their scheduled maintenance that they had on Wednesday night – something went wrong and data got corrupted, which then affected Blogger’s behavior.
Yesterday Google returned the site to pre-maintenance state and put the service in a read-only mode, so people couldn’t submit new posts. They rolled back to an earlier version of Blogger (Wednesday May 11th) and now they are working to restore the posts that were published since then. No word on when the restoration process will be completed, but you should be able to blog by this weekend. How many of you were affected by this downtime?
- 2013-06-13 Google Blogger For Android Updated
- 2013-04-18 Google+ Comments Can Now Be Added To Blogger Based Websites
- 2012-05-25 Blogger updates signup process
- 2012-04-20 Blogger Wins Suit against Apple; Defective MacBook Pro
- 2012-04-04 Google introduces +1 and Google+ widgets to its Blogger platform
- 2011-09-27 Blogger's new Dynamic Views is hip and fresh
- 2011-09-08 Official Blogger app for iOS released
- 2011-03-14 Blogger to receive updates this year