China Mobile has let the cat out of the bag today, where they claimed to have reached an agreement with Apple which will eventually see them support the carrier’s fourth-generation TD-LTE data network. Needless to say, there were no other additional details on when a 4G iPhone will arrive in that part of the world.
MarketWatch says that China Mobile mentioned that it had “reached consensus” with Apple when it came to utilizing its 4th-generation technology on iPhones which will be made available by the carrier, without giving any timeframe.
China Mobile Chairman Wang Jianzhou had also revealed that talks have been going on with Apple to roll out the iPhone, although nothing has been specifically mentioned on what had been agreed upon with the giant from Cupertino.
It is likely that a 4G iPhone is still some time away, since there are whispers on the street that LTE chips from Qualcomm have yet to be prepped to meet the iPhone’s required production levels.RELATED
- Razer Kazuyo iPhone Gamepad Leaked
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- iPhone 5s Shipping Times Improve To 1-3 Days
- Report Claims Touch ID's Accuracy Degrades Over Time
- "Apple Picking" Is A New Smartphone Theft Technique You Need To Be Aware Of
- Follow: Apple Inc, china mobile,
- Seen at: appleinsider