Folks who complained about how unfair it is that the Comcast iOS Xfinity TV app only works on the iPad – good news. Comcast has just updated its Xfinity TV app to version 1.5, bringing the long-awaited feature that allows the app to run on iPhones and iPod Touch devices. iPhone and iPod Touch users can now stream over 4,500 hours of content from Comcast’s Xfinity On-Demand video service with the app over WiFi.
The best part of this app? It works over any WiFi connection and not just the one in your home – which gives the app a leg up over offerings from its competitors such as Time Warner Cable and Cablevision. A nice touch that is undeniably useful for folks who aren’t always at home. Head over to the Apple App Store to download the Comcast Xfinity TV app for free now.
Next Story: Twitter 2.0 for BlackBerry released today
- 2014-04-22 iTunes App Store Now Labels Apps With In-App Purchases
- 2014-04-22 Jailbroken iOS Devices Vulnerable To Apple ID And Password Stealing Malware
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Facebook Paper App For iOS Updated
- 2014-04-20 Beats Music Embraces In-App Subscriptions To Drive Subscriber Base
- 2011-07-28 Skyfire releases VideoQ app for iOS
- 2011-04-20 EveryScape UScapeit gives you panoramic images on your iPhone
- 2011-04-01 Time Warner removes more channels from its iPad app
- 2011-03-31 Hasbro MY3D available April 3
- 2011-03-16 Time Warner Cable iPad app reduced by 17 channels